A team day with us can be part of an ongoing partnership with the Trust, or as a one-off event, but the benefits are most definitely mutual: Benefits for you
Benefits for us
- Group activities enhance team bonds and boost morale
- Conservation tasks introduce new skills and improve communication outside the everyday working environment
- Enjoyment of a rewarding day in an inspirational setting
- The opportunity to engage and visibly contribute to the local environment, mitigating the impact of your carbon footprint
- London Wildlife Trust receives practical help on our nature reserves from highly motivated groups
- Organisations and individuals, often without experience of wildlife or conservation, learn about the importance of conserving nature in an urban context
- London Wildlife Trust charges for team days to cover staff time and material costs
Tasks vary according to season, but are always tailored to suit the interests of the volunteers and their skill-sets. Popular activites include: hedge planting, bird and bat-box creation, habitat enhancements, tree coppicing, bulb planting, building stag beetle loggeries, pond clearing and meadow raking.
What can I expect?
See what previous volunteers said about their team day experience...
Click here to find out what a day in the life of a volunteer is like.
Breathe in the fresh springtime fragrances on a London Wildlife Trust reserve this year!
You and your team can choose from a number of exhilarating hands-on conservation activities on our wildlife reserves across London. From clearing scrub in a beautiful meadow to felling trees along the River Crane, there is something for everyone.
Our summer 2013 activity list is available here
Get out of the office this summer! Contact the Corporate Partnerships Team to book an employee volunteering day:
Tel: 0207 803 4271