Wildlife on your Waterways Volunteers
Wildlife on your Waterways is an innovative new project focused on the management and enhancement of a unique urban waterway environment. Based at Camley Street Natural Park the project will explore the green spaces and aquatic environments found along a stretch of the Regents canal running from Camden lock to Islington Tunnel.
We are looking for volunteers who want to:
- Learn about wildlife in and on the canal
- Get involved with surveying and monitoring
- Improve the canal’s biodiversity through waterway cleanups and habitat management
- Increase public awareness of the environmental and historical heritage of our canals
- Are comfortable around water and able to swim 25m in light clothing.
Where: Camley Street Natural Park 5 minutes walk from Kings Cross station.
Environmental Education Volunteers
When: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10.00am to 4.30pm
Contact: Martin Thompson
We need volunteers to help run environmental education sessions for primary aged children. You will learn how to deliver a successful environmental education programme and have the opportunity to shadow experienced staff until you become confident to lead lessons (or parts of lessons) on your own. This role provides excellent work experience for anyone wanting a career in the environmental education sector.
Special Requirements: Applicants may need to be CRB checked
Where: Camley Street Natural Park
When: Flexible, on weekdays with school bookings
Contact: Helen Burton